COVID-19 Protocols @ Alfred Jay Opticians
Following the Government giving the ‘green light’ for all opticians to open up for routine eye testing, our aim at Alfred Jay Opticians, as always, is to keep all of us safe.
The “new normal” in our practice will look a little different and there are some things all of our patients – new and existing – need to be aware of:
- Housekeeping rules have been introduced to encourage hand-washing/sanitation and social distancing where possible
- Staff at Alfred Jay Opticians will also be using the appropriate PPE to keep all safe
- Telephone triage will take place at the time of booking your appointment, as well as the day before
- We may suggest a telephone or video consultation before coming in
- Appointments may take slightly longer than usual, allowing for infection control and cleaning to take place between patients
- We will be operating a “Locked-Door” Policy, allowing for pre-booked appointments only
Before your appointment you must:
- Call us to book an appointment before attending the practice – we may be able to give you the advice you need over the phone
- Let us know if you need to be accompanied for your appointment if you can’t attend alone
At the appointment you will be required to:
- Arrive on time and alone if possible
- Wear a face covering at all times when in the practice
- Sanitise your hands on entering the practice
- Stick to the social distancing rules set out in the practice
The situation is fluid and we will be continually risk assessing. Above all, please rest assured that we are doing our best to keep us all safe.
Remember you are still able to contact us on: 0208 884 3870 if you have any concerns about your vision or questions about your eye health.